- “Who is for Gwilym Morgan and the others?”
“I, for one. He is the blood of my heart. Come, Cyfartha”
“‘Tis a coward I am. But I will hold your coat.”
- “I tell you what I would like. I’d like to learn how to talk good.”
- “It seems so long as I have those letters, I’ll never be lonely.”
- “Will you give me your word? As a gentleman.”
“As a gentleman? Why, certainly, Tom.”
- “Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven’t got — a diploma.”
- “And it’s not too late, because this country is bigger than the Taylors, or you, or me, or anything else.”
- “You may need me and this Winchester, Curly. Saw a ranch house burnin’ last night.”
- “I am a coward, Doctor. If I’d been anything but a soldier, I might have lived my whole life and concealed it. But to be a soldier and a coward is to be an impostor, a menace to the men whose lives are in your hands.”
- “I won’t go, Kathy. I’m here. I’ll never leave you again.”
- “When a man’s partner is killed, he’s supposed to do something about it. It doesn’t make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you’re supposed to do something about it. And it happens we’re in the detective business. Well, when one of your organization gets killed, it’s … it’s bad business to let the killer get away with it, bad all around, bad for every detective everywhere. “
Here are the answers to today’s Best Movie Quotes quiz. How did you do?
Walter Pidgeon as Mr. Gruffydd, Rhys Williams as Dai Bando and Barry Fitzgerald as Cyfartha in “How Green Was My Valley” (1941); Judy Holiday as Emma ‘Billie’ Dawn to William Holden as Paul Verrall in Born Yesterday (1950); Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine to Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa Lund in Casablanca (1942); Clark Gable as Rhett Butler and Ward Bond as Tom, Yankee Captain, in Gone with the Wind (1939); Frank Morgan as the Wizard to Ray Bolger as the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz (1939); Jimmy Stewart as Jefferson Smith in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939); John Wayne as the Ringo Kid to George Bancroft as Curley in Stagecoach (1939); John Clements as Harry Faversham to Frederick Culley as Dr. Sutton in The Four Feathers (1939); Lawrence Oliver as Heathcliff to Merle Oberon as Cathy Earnshaw in Wuthering Heights (1939); Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade to Mary Astor as Brigid O’Shaughnessy in The Maltese Falcon (1941).